Thank you for your interest in submitting art samples to Lady Death Universe. We’re always looking for new, up and coming artists and if your stuff is killer, we may consider hiring you. But before submitting samples to us, please note the following:
1. ACCEPTABLE SUBMISSIONS – Lady Death Universe will not accept or consider unsolicited material, ideas, themes, concepts or suggestions of any kind (unsolicited materials). You may not use this website or any information on this website to submit unsolicited materials in any manner.
Writers: We apologize, but we are not looking for writers at this time.
We are currently looking for:
• Sequential artists
• Cover artists
2. BEFORE SUBMITTING – Being a successful artist in the comic book industry requires a considerable amount of skill, practice and patience. While we gladly welcome your creative submission, we review a high volume of submissions every week. If we are interested in working with you, we will contact you within 30 days of receiving your submission. If you don’t receive a response from us within 30 days, please consider your submission a pass.
3. WE CANNOT RETURN PHYSICALLY MAILED MATERIALS – Although we do accept physically mailed creative submissions, we cannot return them to you after review. For this reason, we prefer that you email us scanned copies of your artwork instead (please see “HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ARTWORK” below for image guidelines). If you choose to physically mail us an artwork submission, please do not send originals – use easily readable photocopies instead.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ARTWORK
Via Email (Preferred Method)
1. For penciled and full-color artwork: Scan your artwork at 300 dpi color and save the file(s) in JPEG or TIFF format. Individual images should not exceed 10MB in size. For pencils-only artwork (no color), grayscale is fine. PSD (Photoshop) files will not be accepted.
2. For computer-generated artwork: Save a copy of your file(s) in JPEG or TIFF format. Individual images should not exceed 10MB in size. PSD (Photoshop) files will not be accepted.
3. Attach your image(s) to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, using “Creative Submission” in the subject line.
4. Include your name, address and email address on each page of your submission.
Via Physical Mail
1. Carefully pack your artwork submission in an appropriate shipping envelope or container. For larger format pieces, we recommend using a sturdy 3″ diameter shipping tube (these are available at most post offices). Please include an email address for us to contact you back at.
2. Mail your packed artwork submission to the following address:
Tales Told, LLC
7904 E. Chaparral Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
ATTN: Creative Submissions
If you have any questions regarding creative submissions that are not mentioned on this page, feel free to contact us at email@example.com. Thank you!